Construction Health and Safety
DSP 2000 provide our clients with full Health and Safety advice and act as independent CDM Co-ordinators in accordance with the Construction [Design and Management] Regulations 2007.
We advise and assist our clients in their role and duties when undertaking any construction work, and as CDM Co-ordinators we will:
- Notify details of the project to HSE.
- Co-ordinate health and safety aspects of design work and co-operate with others involved with the project.
- Facilitate good communication between the client, designers and contractors.
- Assist the client to collect and pass on pre-construction information to all parties
- Liaise with the principal contractor regarding ongoing design work.
- Ensure that the construction phase plan is adequate for the wok
- Prepare or update the health and safety file.
- On projects that last less than 30 days or involve less than 500 person days of construction work then DSP 2000 will offer appropriate services to advise the client of their duties
Additionally as CDM Co-ordinators we liaise with designers and principal contractors to:
- Ensure where practical that hazards and risks are eliminated during design.
- Ensure that any remaining risks are identified.
- Obtain from the designer and contractor information for the health and safety file
- Inspect the site to ensure that the construction phase plan is being adequately managed and updated